Langsung ke konten utama

A Line of Mother's Prayer


This morning, like usual, we sit closely, pray. Today, my mother led the Morning Prayer, in her mother tongue of course. I’m not listening the prayer, quite annoyed because I have to take my sisters, both, to their schools. In the middle prayer, these words caught my attention;

….send Your peace to his mind, my only son. Send him your Lordly peace….

I NEVER told my mother about my mind, about what I’ve feels! I always act as usual as I can, whatever comes to my mind, no difference of behaving, but why my mother knows? How she draws them out? She knows my work in comparative field of religions? Or maybe she realized when she knows that I spent my night, previous night, in a religious bookstore, begging her for an Arabic gospel?

Sometimes I feel a lot of burden placed on my head, maybe I’m too young to know and realize deeply in these differences (read: oppositions), I can’t ignore these differences for the sake of “peace”. Knowing the different path, difference is not really saddens me, opposite paths, going to end different. Why these faiths should opposed each other. The truth deviated, knowing the deviators. Maybe this song lyric could figure my mind.

Take what you will, what you will
And leave. Could you kill, could you kill me
If the world was on fire 
and nothing was left but hope or desire 
And take all that I could bring forth, is this hell
Or am I on the floor over-desperate? 
Hold hands streaming of blood again?
And then take full weight of me 
Guard my dreams, figure this out, 
It's me on my own. Helpless, hurting, hell
Will you stay strong as you promised?
Cause I'm stranded and bare.
Meanness is washed up in all that I am is God. Take this and all,
Then grace takes me to a place 
Of the father you never had 
Ripping and breaking and tearing apart 
This is not heaven
This is my hell.
                                                          anberlin - *fin

These words spoken in my mother prayer in May 6th morning, I’ll never forget. I love you mom. I had the peace, the LORD peace. Thanks for the prayer.



Postingan populer dari blog ini

Natal - Dewa Matahari - Kristus - Sol Invictus

Tuduhan seperti ini sering dilancarkan untuk menuduh bahwa kristen itu aslinya adalah pagan. Mari kita lihat. Tuduhan ini adalah salah satu favorit serangan dari Polemis Yahudi dan Islam. Pada tahun 336 gereja di Roma menyatakan bahwa 25 Desember sebagai Dies Natalis Christi, "ulang tahun Kristus." Tulisan dalam Kronograf 354, atau Kalender Philocalian, mencatat, "Tuhan kita Yesus Kristus lahir pada hari kedelapan pada bulan sebelum Januari" , atau 25 Desember. Hal ini tidak menyatakan bahwa perayaan Natal sedang dicari tahu waktu tepatnya pada tanggal tersebut, tetapi kita cukup yakin bahwa penelitian mengenai Natal, dimulai di Roma sekitar waktu ini. "Perayaan Natal merupakan acara penginjilan yang efektif untuk mengubah hati dan pikiran orang-orang kepada Kristus dan jauh dari pemujaan Sol." St. Yohanes Krisostomos Satu generasi setelah kronograf itu diterbitkan, bapa gereja Yohanes Krisostomos (c. 347-407) menulis bahwa Rom

Sejarah Kristen (part I)

Kaisar Augustus 14 Kaisar Augustus meninggal pada 19 Agustus. Pada tanggal 17 September, Senat di Roma menyatakan kaisar Augustus sebagai dewa. Ia digantikan oleh Kaisar Tiberius. (Jika Lukas 3:1 tanggal "pemerintahan Tiberius Caesar" dari tahun ini, tahun kelima belas nya 28/29 AD) Penyaliban Kristus c.30 Yesus Kristus disalibkan dan dibangkitkan. Kaisar Caligula 39/40 Philo dari Alexandria (15/10 SM - 45 / 50) memimpin rombongan Yahudi dari Alexandria kepada kaisar Caligula (37-41) di Roma. Orang-orang Yahudi dari Alexandria kemudian meminta kepada kaisar untuk menghentikan penyiksaan terhadap orang-orang Yahudi, namun ia tidak diberikan kesempatan, dipotong saat ia sedang berbicara. Philo kemudian memperingatkan bahwa Allah akan menghukum Caligula, yang akhirnya tewas dibunuh. Philo adalah seorang teolog yang berusaha untuk menyelaraskan teologi Yahudi dengan Filsafat Yunani (sebagian besar filsafat Plato). Banyak pemikiran yang ditemukan dalam teologi Kristen

Διδαχη - Kitab Didache

Διδαχη κυριου δια των δωδεκα αποστολων τοις εθνεσιν. Ajaran Tuhan kepada Bangsa-bangsa Melalui Dua Belas Rasul   Didache pasal 1:     οδοι δυο εισι, μια της ζωης και μια του θανατου, διαφορα δε πολλη μεταξυ των δυο οδων Ada dua jalan, yaitu jalan kehidupan dan jalan kematian. Perbedaan antara kedua jalan itu sangat besar. η μεν ουν οδος της ζωης εστιν αυτη, πρωτον αγαπησεις τον θεον τον ποιησαντα σε δευτερον τον πλησιον σου ως σεαυτον, παντα δε οσα εαν θελησης μη γινηεσθαι σοι, και συ αλλω μη ποιει.   Jalan kehidupan adalah berikut ini: Pertama, kasihilah Tuhan, Penciptamu. Kedua, kasihilah sesamamu seperti dirimu sendiri, dan segala sesuatu yang kamu tidak inginkan dilakukan terhadap kamu, janganlah kamu melakukannya terhadap sesamamu.   τουτων δε των λογων η διδαχη εστιν αυτη, ευλογειτε τους καταρωμενους υμιν και προσευχεσθε υπερ των εχθρων υμων, νηστευετε δε υπερ των διωκοντων υμας, ποια γαρ χαρις, εαν αγαπατε τους αγαπωντας υμας? ουχι και τα εθνη τουτο ποιουσιν, υμεις